Thursday, September 8, 2011

Change of watch has finally arrived to the pilot house!

The time has finally arrived to be able to sit at the helm and enjoy the view! The last few months since Tracy's departure have been a whirlwind of bricks falling from the sky, parking lots slipping into the sea, endless phone calls, meetings and many hats to wear. Oh the joys of a General Manager at a urban marina, they call this personal growth. I would like to take this opportunity and give many thanks to my wonderful team of employees, to include our NEW Marina Manager, Jesse Sherwood. With all their dedication, hard work and much Patience, they made this transition appear to be seamless, my drogue in turbulent seas. Our tenants have been most gracious as well in excepting the change in command and all the uncertainties that go along with it, thank you.

One of the first items that landed on my desk, my lap and almost squarely on my head is, the Murry Morgan Bridge project and all things associated. I will update you through this blog as info is made known to me. We will post on bulletin boards and also communicate via our facebook and email contact list. It is apparent after the past month of many complaints and concern for personal safety and noise, they have listened. The noise has toned down a bit, they are building a separate containment system for the dust, the crew yelling should have ceased completely. They have hired an outside agency, Integrity Safety Services, to monitor the air quality, noise levels and take periodic dust samples to the labs, the request was made for this by our tenants 9/1/11 at our public meeting and they responded by 9/6/11, with a weekend and holiday in between. I feel confident that this was a strong first step, we will have a follow up meeting, as soon as I have a date we will post.

Once again, thank you all, I look forward to working with everyone and for everyone, my door is always open, you will find me under the pile! :)

Lori Natucci
General Manager

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home